Saturday, September 01, 2007




Wonderful August Vacation

This year we took a wonderful vacation to British Columbia. It was filled with family visits and lots of time beside and on the water. We all need a chance to renew ourselves and renew our bonds with our family and friends. We were able to spend time with many of the people who mean so much to us. We were able to spend time in Victoria, Nanaimo, Parksville and Qualicum Beach. Don, Alan and I spent an afternoon in our inflatable boat on Sproat Lake where the Martin Mars water bombers are stationed. We also took the boat from the boat launch near Departure Bay over to our favorite floating lunch spot, the Dinghy Dock Pub on Protection Island. We explored a bit of the inner harbor and Alan got a chance to drive the boat. Of course, I was apprehensive when he didn't seem to watch where we were headed. I was relaxed when Don was driving. On Sproat Lake, however, I made an error. Don had said we didn't seem to need the boat seat and I seemed comfortable sitting down in the bottom of the boat. Hmmm. Ok. So he offered to let me drive. I declined. Mistake. He decided to go over to take a close look at the Martin Mars water bombers. Just as we got close, he hadn't noticed that there was a speed boat coming under the nearest plane, towing an inner tube. Fast. We were in no danger. However, the wake splashed over the side of our rubber raft. I was miffed! Of course I felt as if I had wet myself. I can laugh about it now. At the time, though, I didn't want to stop in Cathedral Grove or anywhere else on the way back to Parksville. Once at our resort, I figured out to tie my jacket around my waist and I flounced into our condo. Next time, I'll drive.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Junosmom said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos! It is good to "see" you and Alan. Now I can picture you as I write.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home