Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What Can Be Next?

Oh, my goodness! I read earlier today that garlic does not lower cholesterol. I've been taking garlic tablets for some time with the hope that it will have an effect on my cholesterol reading. I add fresh chopped garlic to a lot of my culinary efforts. Just now, I read that taking antioxidants does not give one a second more of life...in fact, by the analysis of this study, taking antioxidants shortens lives. No! It can't be so! I have been taking Vitamin C for decades and also take a famous brand of vitamin pills for mature people. I'm certain the next thing I read will say that oatmeal doesn't lower cholesterol either. Four or five days a week I eat oatmeal in the hope that it too will help to lower my cholesterol. I've also been walking. My friend, who works as the director of a center for the study of well-being, says that if a person does not get her heart rate up enough, the exercise she is getting isn't cutting it. Could I be walking too slowly? Could it be that the olive oil I have substituted for most fats isn't helping, either? Maybe I should just stop reading Prevention magazine. Cancel my on-line subscription to Dr. Weil. Go back to bed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Junosmom said...

The experts' advice does seem to change frequently, doesn't it? And, in the end, we all get older anyway :-)

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home