Sunday, September 30, 2007

Alan Made a Joke

For the first time I can remember, Alan made an original joke. And he made it on himself. I value humor and the ability to see the funny side of oneself.

Alan has been taking longer and longer to eat. Several family members have commented on it. It is now 8:15 and Alan has been at the table since 6 p. m. or so. He doesn't have to sit down right at 6 p. m. as he used to, so I am not certain he sat down exactly then. It was near then, though.

I got up from the computer, went upstairs and remarked to Alan, "Good heavens, Alan, are you still eating?"

Alan replied, "I take forever to eat. "Takeforever.com."

He added, "Dial-up."


"At supper I go at dial-up speed."

I saw him grin.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger walking said...

WOW!!! Self-deprecating humor is a big one, especially from a teenaged boy!!!

We used to say that my sister had long teeth, especially when it came to oatmeal.

3:37 AM  
Blogger LAA and Family said...

I love how he made up the website name, how funny!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home