Friday, November 10, 2006

Feel Good Movies and Music

Alan has a Friday night ritual with his dad. They watch a movie together each week. I usually don't watch with them as their "date" gives me time to do something I would rather do. Tonight it was to have a nap. I "came in" at the end.

When tonight's movie was over, Don remarked to Alan, "That was a real feel good movie!" It seems to me that they don't make those anymore. I realize that perhaps I am simply looking back to the past as being rosier than the present. I don't think that's the case, though. I know that things were tough in past decades. I lived through some of them, although for this particular movie, I wasn't yet born. I am aware that many things are better now. Yet people had a way of uplifting themselves and everyone else for a bit with a feel good movie.

The same thing can be said for song lyrics. I can't say that I know of any songs from the 2000s or even 1990s that are feel good songs. People don't go around whistling bits of songs that stick in people's minds and make people smile.

I guess I ought to be really glad that technology exists these days so that we all can watch feel good movies made decades ago, sing or whistle their songs, and forget our troubles for a few minutes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home